Deadline looms for Lee and Irene federal storm aid | Weather
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - The deadline is at hand for New Yorkers affected by Hurricane Irene and Tropical Storm Lee to register with the Federal Emergency Management Agency for possible federal disaster assistance.
Thursday, Dec. 15, is the registration deadline.
Steven Kuhr, director of the State Office of Emergency Management, says all New Yorkers living in declared counties are strongly encouraged to call the FEMA registration number or apply online.
Dec. 15 is also the deadline to return the completed Small Business Administration disaster loan application for homeowners, renters, private nonprofit organizations and businesses that have been impacted by these storms.
To register, call the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362 or register online.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Top Guilderland Stories
Upcoming Events near Guilderland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Terror suspect due back in court Thursday
- Federal prosecutors: Jewish organizations instrumental in foiling alleged death ray plot
- Two Capital Region men accused of terror plot
- Albany High music students demonstrate against teacher cuts
- Developer pushes for <st1:stockticker>IMAX</st1:stockticker> aquarium in Albany