Local teens to visit China | Arts & Culture
Guilderland teen Nicole DiGrado will join 14 of her classmates from Tech Valley High School when they depart on a trip to China April 14.
The contingent of students and faculty members will depart April 14 and return April 21. They will be stopping in several key cities and cultural sites including Beijing, Xian and Shanghai.
Tour leaders are also trying to work in a visit to Tianjin to see the 36 students and educators from Tianjin High School Number 41 who visited Tech Valley High School in February.
The visit will be TVHS's second tour of the country. The first tour - which took place last summer - was sponsored by The Office of Chinese Language Council International (Hanban).
This year's tour is being paid for by the students and teachers and is designed to bring a better understanding of the culture and language to the students who learn the Mandarin Chinese language at TVHS.
The other students taking the trip are:
- Siana Botts, from Germantown
- Ryan Gage, from Greenville
- Thomas Gamsjager, from Greenville
- Andrew Pownall, from Watervliet
- Dallas Carr, from New Lebanon
- Garth Geritz, Hoosic Valley
- Grace White, from Catskill
- Hunter Fortuin, of Berne Knox Westerlo
- Joe Coehlo, from Green Island
- Liam Jilek, from Catskill
- Nicole DiGrado, from Guilderland
- Robyn Yonkers, from East Greenbush
- Savannah Beers, from Cairo-Durham
- Xena Pulliam, from Berne-Knox-Westerlo
- Linda Lee Navarette, from Brunswick